Why sofa cleaning is important?
Everyone loves clean sofa, thus when buying new sofa bed, couch or mattress we want them to be clean for as long as possible. Keeping your sofa clean will increase its “life”. But most importantly you will enjoy it much more!
How to clean your sofa at home?
Before we start with the actual cleaning advises its very important to point out that you always must follow the manufacture instruction, otherwise you may damage the materials. Below you can find useful chart with cleaning codes.
You can start with the basics, just use simple sponge or towel with a bit of water. If that does not work you can add a bit soap water, however before that you should check with the manufactures instructions whether soap water is recommended.
In some cases when they are lots of stains or stubborn ones you can use stronger detergents, however or advise is to check with the specialist first. Our company is happy to provide free advise over the phone or e-mail. So you can always contact us its free, thus you can save your couch with one free call at 02036775482.
How to Clean Stains from a Fabric Sofa?
Here is our guide in how to clean and treat the stains on your sofa.
1. First and very important is to get to the stain, as soon as possible. Thus is spill occur, get to it as soon as possible. If you leave it for long period of time it may become permanent or may damage the fabric.
2. Read the manufactures instructions. Before adding any detergent you must read the instructions. Usually there is label with sofa cleaning instructions on the side of the couch.
3. Check and understand the cleaning code. Depending on the type of sofa and the type of upholstery and fabric used there is different type of cleaning needed. Thus the manufacture uses different codes, please see the our chart below:
Cleaning Code Chart for Fabric Sofas
- Code – “W” – means “Water-based cleaner.” Only use a water-based cleaner to clean the upholstery. A water-based cleaner is a type of solution that uses water as the main component.
- Code – “S/W” – means “Solvents and water-based cleaners.” It is safe to use both solvents and water-based cleaners.
- Code – “S” – Means “Solvents.” Only use a solvent to clean the upholstery. A solvent is a type of solution that uses a cleaning chemical as the main component.
4. Use brush to remove loose pieces/particles – depending on the stain there may be some particles that are not yet “into” the fabric. Thus its best to remove it right away before they sing in.
5. Vacuum – Before staring the actual cleaning its best to vacuum thoroughly.
6. The baking soda cleaning trick – The baking soda is greatly used in the cooking industry, however it can be used on your sofa, as its very effective solution for cleaning. In order to clean stubborn stains, just mix baking soda and water and pour into the stain. Let it stay there for at least 15 min, then dust off/vacuum and check whether the stain has been removed. If not then you may need to call professional upholstery cleaning company in Portsmouth.